Saturday, December 8, 2007

I though I moved to California for the weather...

...growing up in Pittsburgh I was always given to understand that California was really warm. I guess it is in comparison to -10F and snowing but... it was COLD today. Still, a group of seven of us rode over early to meet the Spectrum ride. Sean, John, Mike H, Brian, Paul P, Chris P, and me. Good group. The TO guys and I added on Kings Mtn and some extra miles to make it 120 or so. TREO battery is dead so no pic to post with this.

2 comments:

Mike Hardy said...

You definitely answered your own question there - I'll take 35F over -10F every day.

Although I was bummed to be essentially shut out of a Sac ride because it was supposed to windy, with maybe freezing rain (in Cali) and up in NorCal (where I was this week) it's dipping below 32F regularly.

There's always "LoCal" as Vanderhoot says - I think it's perpetually 65-70 there in the winter. And Rasmussen has something going with Mexico - Guadalajara is mile-high (altitude camp!) but has highs around 70 all year long - summer and winter. My company just opened an office and a couple weeks office-exchange is both possible and tempting...

All that aside. Great ride. Thanks for towing us along on so much of it. I confirmed that I did get a massive sprint PR on that Hayward sign too, you must have pissed me off getting the jump on me so bad on Union City. Love the pointless sprints ;-)

See you around man

Mike Hardy said...

Almost forgot to mention, this ride gets a +1 because we saw a guy riding a bike with A PARROT.

Can't make that shit up.