Sunday, January 13, 2008

EB #2

Had a bigger crowd out today at least. Around 40 to 50 riders. There was a Fast Freddy sighting at the beginning but don't think he raced.

There were a bunch of little breaks the first 15 minutes that reshuffled a bunch of times before the winning break developed: Nolan, Hellman?, Briggs, Hutchinson, Bennet, Leader, me, JD, Ma? We seemed to get a pretty good gap. Sean said is was 20 seconds but I couldn't see the pack...

Felt OK about the sprint. Larry led it out with Briggs second wheel and me third. Briggs came around and I tried but couldn't come around him. There was no official line so I'm not sure if I beat Larry for second or not.

Good fun... beautiful weather, nice ride to and from the race.

5 comments:

veloandvino said...

Awesome job today! great pulls, after turn 1- you needed to be a bit more to the right to get better shelter from the wind. Did you get that bottle cage tightened?

runjoelrun said...

Hey Mike (I think),
I would love to tighten up the bottle cage but the frame mountings are loose and can't seem to help it. My better solution is a new frame that I'll have built up in the next couple of weeks.

boschinator said...

joel, maybe i can bring some valley boys over to test the legs. the last few weeks we have been hurtin the locals, to the point that it's not even fun anymore.

runjoelrun said...

Brian, let's do it! the time has come, and the kits are in...

The races are hotting up and even though they are for practice they're plenty of fun...

beth bikes! said...

great job joel! it was a fun race to watch for sure! also, thanks for being a safe sissy at the stop lights with me, as we were heading back!