Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Baseball cards

was laughing with the Maury and John last night about who's Port stock was higher valued. Maury claims he is going to buy a Ridley over Look or Cervelo because he wants to be more like the Wilker.

No one would argue with, least of all me, John being the best looking certainly. if you prefer form over function, by all means go for the JWilk baseball card. On the flip side... well, say no more.

On the other hand, Maury, if you get a Look, you could always say you're flattering Hadyn over me. It wouldn't hurt my feelings cause I want to be Australian too.

7 comments:

Mike Hardy said...

No votes for a Serotta or Scott? Shazam ;-)

Anonymous said...

Damn, see what I started! Now if you guys would just triple teachers' pay in Oakland, I could afford to fill my stable with every baseball card I admire. Until then I guess I will just have to judge your style, and then make my purchase. BTW, we did agree that Joel's card is the equivalent of a mint condition Honus Wagner (wiki it!).

runjoelrun said...

Honus Wagner. Perhaps a reference to Pittsburgh? Or a reference to being ancient?

Wondering what it would take to elicit a response from Cozza...

runjoelrun said...

And no, Mike, no requests for Serotta or Scott. I hear those are out of style...

John Wilk said...

I think I can raise the value of my stock by next Tuesday night.

Anonymous said...

Bikes don't matter, it's all about the 'stache! (Not mustache either, but "moustache")

Anonymous said...

No points for a Look, as John will attest, even though mine is as old Honus Wagner himself. I'm with Cozza it's all about the 'stache.