Sunday, June 8, 2008

Nice weekend (even with cancelled Fremont Crit)

Yesterday was a good day to just ride the hills in the great weather. I need a crit to be cancelled to give me the break. It's hard for me to just skip one.

Ran into some friendly faces out there: a Team Oakland ride, Copeland with his girlfriend. I like to ride South Redwood Road out of Castro Valley to prepare for Pescadero. Pretty similar duration and grade.

Wrote reports for the races today at Sierra Pacific website. Was a good day out there for sure. With Brian winning the 35+ District TT Championship, we had two team wins on the day!

All that on top of having one too many margaritas at Tom and Karen's house (thanks guys!) I notice that Keiran, Sean, Brian didn't make it to the races. Guess they can't handle their liquor.

8 comments:

MoMoneyHoney said...

nice racing yesterday. did you hear me trying to call out the gap between you guys and the front group? I guess it all worked out in the end since they died and you guys caught them!

runjoelrun said...

I did hear some gaps being yelled out. Thanks Morgan! Nice finish yesterday. Hadn't seen someone walking across the line before.

Anonymous said...

you're such a monster! solo the m's then crash in a break, hop back in for 4th. see you at pesca (i truly expect you to be there, after all the talk)!

runjoelrun said...

Ryan,
Oh, I'll be there. If by 'there' you mean in the town of Pescadero in a kit and on a bike.

Now which field? That's a different story...

runjoelrun said...

Both times I've crashed in a crit and gotten back in I've gotten top five. (Suisun last year)

Vincenzo said...

Joel,

no big deal about doing the masters at Pescadero. I would do the masters if I could, only 8 more years! All see you there and kick some a**! All be at Nevada City too, are you going?

Anonymous said...

I'll be at the Pescadero race snapping a few pics. Definitely at the finish line and maybe along the course somewhere.

a photo from Suisun last year here (post crash)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/khphotos/2146179755/in/set-72157603578147803/

Anonymous said...

argh, URL got chopped

anyhow the Suisun set is here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/khphotos/sets/