Monday, June 2, 2008

Painful week

How not to plan a training week (or at least if you want to have a good TT time):

Monday - two Memorial day crits
Tuesday - ride the Port hard (four man break)
Wednesday - First try ever at motor pacing with Tim G and Stephen L
Thursday - ride TT bike to work to make sure it's ready for Dunlap
Friday - Go to track, try out 94 inches for the first time this year
Saturday - Two Dash for Cash crits: ride off the front for 59 min in the 35+
Sunday - Dunlap TT

Legs were in enough pain at the track Friday that I bagged the Miss n Out, which is usually my favorite. I was so bad in the p1/2 Snowball and Scratch that it wasn't worth it (and that keg of Flat Tire was looking really good too).

Luckily wasn't too bad on Saturday in Pleasanton. Strange races each in their own way. I'll right a proper report a little later.

High point of yesterday wasn't the race, but getting asked about getting on an Olympic Sprint team for Master's Track Nationals! Sounds like a blast and I'll start practicing my standing starts. The event is where three guys TT a kilo together, one guy peeling off every lap.

4 comments:

Mike Hardy said...

but you gotta give up the goods on how the Dunlap TT went, after all ;-)

how fast are you going at 100rpm in 94 gear-inches?

runjoelrun said...

I wasn't too happy with it. Had goal of getting on the podium, but got 5th.

I was 42:40 or so.

Comparison: Roman was only one to break 40 min and rode with a fixed gear!

Innes won the master's in 40:30 or so. Phipps second at 41:15.

First half was head and cross winds and I didn't ride it well. The down wind I was cranking my 53X12 the whole way back (should have had an 11!).

runjoelrun said...

I noticed a lot of the p1/2 and 35+ riders have a 54T big ring by the way. Seems like a good idea.

Anonymous said...

Joel, good to run into you at Hellyer last Friday. I have a coupla pics of you from Cat's Hill here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/khphotos/sets/72157604880185897/