Sunday, July 27, 2008

Master's Districts

Here's what I know:
 
Crit
30+ - some Nevada dude that no one knew.  Mendoca almost got him sounds like.
35+ - LeBerge
40+ - Paulsen
45+ - Clover guy that's not Bubba (Chad?)
 
I left after that
 
RR
30+ - Jesse Moore
35+ - Reaney (actually crossed the line together with Jesse, very confusing, 'solo together')
40+ - Michael Taylor (never had seem him before, was a bad ass in years past from what I gather)
45+ - Langely
 
I left after that.
 
Me?  10th both days.  Ouch....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had passed Jesse's group the lap before. I could see him coming on the last hill so I kept it rolling about a half mile in front of him to act as a carrot. When I could see we were both in the clear with 1K to go I slowed down to let him catch up so we could cross the line together. I assure you there was no illegal drafting - we both had motor bikes with us.

Good to see you Joel,
These races are always very tactical and hard to figure out. I got lucky that they gave me a little gap at the start of the RR.

steve

runjoelrun said...

Hey Steve,
Was not insinuating at all that there was any drafting! It was just very amusing to see. I knew there was only Strawberry in each field, so when you guys came around the bend in the distance at the s/f, everyone was squinting and trying to figure it out!

Was it Reaney and Hernandez? Was it Jesse M and Jesse M (Moore v Mendonca)?

Anonymous said...

Congrats Steve-O!!! I want to hear how it went down! Hopefully I'll see you out at the Valley ride to hear all about it. Where was Dan Martin? He was blowing flames on Wednesday. He looked to be timing a peak really nicely.

Joel, sorry to hear about the double 10th's. Were you riding for the team? I didn't hear mention of any of your teammates podiuming...

Anonymous said...

Forgot to ID myself on that message... Jack