Monday, May 19, 2008

Crit/Track weekend

I'll be skipping Mt Ham in favor of 150 miles of perfectly flat crit and track racing this Memorial Day weekend. I figure that Friday night track, plus two races on each crit day, Golden State and Memorial Day, will work out to my 150 mile figure, give or take 20 miles.

Don't get me wrong, I love the epic RR, it's just that with all the other racing possibilities it's hard to give up the entire day to the tough logistics that encompass racing Mt Ham. Either leaving a car at both ends, or making it a 120 mile day with the hardcore riders that head back to San Jose though Calaveras.

For anyone that hasn't been, recommend heading down for Friday night at Hellyer, even as a spectator. Beer, food, guffaws, all make it worthwhile. The results from the first Friday are in the NCVA Google Group, but not on the web site yet. Need to know who to target for the series...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice, crit-boy, way to avoid the only real race this weekend. i didn't do panoche, decided to train 10hrs instead. i'll see you tonight at POO, which i guess is perfect for you - circles.

runjoelrun said...

Ouch. Trying to come up with a comeback but nothing is flowing.

I'll believe it when I see you a the Port. Maybe your seat will 'break' this time.

Have fun getting back to your car though. Show Hardy a good time in his first real p1/2 RR.

Anonymous said...

good point on the car, oof. i'll see you at the Monday crit actually. and it's funny that you mention the saddle, b/c i actually did break that last week. now i'm on a diet.

JHL said...

Hey Joel, Nice riding at the Port as always. Usually I try to follow you at a least a few times so I can attempt some short pulls after you take monster ones, but last night my bar kept slipping when we went over the tracks (the loud cracking sound was not comforting). Not sure if you witnessed it, but your teammate John took one of the more impressive pulls into the wind that I've seen on the POO ride in a long time. -- Josh from Fusion

runjoelrun said...

Josh,
Nice to see a new commentator!

John is riding amazingly right now. Should be able to get him some results this w/e. I saw John take multiple pulls into the wind.

The group was ripped apart a couple more times.