Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Trippy race day: June 21st

Not only is AVC going on at Hellyer this weekend, the new Napa Crit has a points race format only for the 35+ race?? Interesting, but who came up with that? Is it in honor of AVC? Why not do it for p1/2 while they're at it?

I'm hoping to race Napa at 2 pm (maybe even p1/2 at 4 pm), then jet down to Hellyer for the 6 pm track session. Any bets on whether this can be done? The Masters Points race on the track isn't until late in the session, so I'm betting it can be!

6 comments:

Neil Duane Harrington said...

Thats a tough drive after potentially two races? Your an ironman.

Rumor has it the DJ was scoping out the track today- 4 large speakers and 1 generator to run power it all.

I am excited for AVC.

Are you racing AVC on Friday night as well?

runjoelrun said...

Neil Duane, call me an ironman if I follow through and do all that...

Talking to Tim about a crit pts race just seems like worse and worse idea. With 80 guys, the points may not be concentrated enough. Condusive to a break perhaps?

Is the DJ for this Friday night Neil Duane? Or is that for AVC. I can feel the techno beat already.

I will definitely be doing AVC Friday night.

Brian Peterson said...

I'd encourage Joel to do as many races on Saturday before coming to the AVC. That way he won't hurt my legs *quite* as much in the points races on Saturday evening.

DJ was there last night scoping things out (for the AVC).

veloandvino said...

that napa thing.....good luck getting the results sorted out, otherwise you could make it.

i'll be hanging by the pool, then rolling over to avc.

Neil Duane Harrington said...

All I know is I have jumped on Joel's wheel once or twice and he has too much power for me. The DJ was scoping out for AVC, he is going to be there both nights.

I think the napa field is gonna shatter with the 180 degree turn + points.

runjoelrun said...

Nice! A 180! Hard to pass that up...