Sunday, August 3, 2008

Timpani

Tim said earlier in the week that a break would never stick here, and doesn't usually. Today the wind and the field was such that both races had breaks at the end.

In 35+, I went early and Nate(ICCC) and Dennis(LGBRC) came with me. We got a big gap early, but Nate was spent and we weren't holding enough speed to stay away. I started to conserve for the next group. Ended up being very big 12 man break, but we had all three of our guys in it, so Tim and I went very hard to make it stick and that was that. Brian was able to sit in. Tim and I led out the last two laps and Brian was able to outsprint McCook in the final straight by around 2 bike lengths. Very satisfying. McCook was doing only his 2nd ever Masters race, after winning Lafayette. Man, he was in a bad mood. Didn't like one of my attacks and did some voodoo track shit on me, trying to frighten me or something.

The p1/2 race was FAST. Multiple valiant attempts to get away failed. I went to the back to rest up for the finsh, but with 8 to go, a big 10 man break got away. Vince was in it, as was JD from BPG, so there was a lot of blocking going on. Unfortunately for us, Vince was the only one caught with 100 yrds to go. Brian was 2nd in pack sprint. Sounds like KMiller won it.

Kudos to Karla for doing the whole race! A bunch of those LGBRC women entered, but she alone endured.

5 comments:

MoMoneyHoney said...

sounds like a fun race for you! couldn't stick around after my race cuz I just had to enjoy the sun out by the pool. =) got 2nd in my race which now makes me a 3. Time to get my ass kicked for sure!

veloandvino said...

joel, baby needs a new pair of shoes.

runjoelrun said...

Dude! I owe you money! Where will you be this weekend so I can give it to you...

Morgan, good luck in the new category. I'm sure it will go well for you.

jAndy donka-donk said...

"vodoo track shit"

ha

runjoelrun said...

I think I got that line from "The Thing" (1982 version), where the one character says to the other not to try that "Voodoo bullshit" on him.

I can't recreate the cadence online, you'd have to watch the movie. "Voodoo track shit" is spoken to the same tune.