Monday, July 23, 2007

Albany Crap

Hernando's blog says something about being out of Albany because of all the track racing. Maybe I should have taken that advice, cause I was TIRED out there. Plus I did two races... maybe not smart.

Anyway, both the 1/2/3 and the p1/2 had breaks, and neither me nor any of my teammates were part of them. Very irritating. John and I in the p1/2 race at least put a lot of work in, so that only Reaney managed to lap us! If it hadn't been for Max from Metromint and a couple of other guys we would have been lapped twice, I swear. Cal Giant and BPG had three guys each trying to shut us down everytime we tried to work or get away.

I was lazy and tired, should have gotten into the break...

3 comments:

Mike Hardy said...

You're pretty hard on yourself - it looked to me like you weren't lazy at least. Timing maybe not the best but there were (as you mentioned) two monster teams working well out there while you were rolling with more of a wildcard squad for the day

Good thing we had the 4s out there showing that we know how to ride these bicycle things...

And I almost forgot. Hey, no wreck!

runjoelrun said...

Forgot to say: great job 4's! Also, John really worked out there.

For my part, there was a moment in the p1/2 race where I think I could have suffered a whole bunch and had a good chance of making it. Need to just buck up and go for the five minutes of real pain and uncertainty...

runjoelrun said...

Oh and: speaking of crashes I saw that Chris Swan (Lombardi) went down. I heard it behind me then saw him for ten laps in the same spot (between turn 1 and 2) which worried me.

If anyone has word on him let me know.