Sunday, July 1, 2007

team mates!

Before I post anything about the actual outcome of the Vacaville GP, let me say how great it was to be inspired by team mates. I told Justin before the start that we needed to cover Wahlberg, well for the first twenty minutes Justin was GLUED to Wahlberg's wheel. It wasn't the best way for him to personally roll his first p/1/2 race but from a team point of view it was great. Haydn and I were able to rest assured that we were covered.

Haydn? Was rigtht there at the end, shaking me out of my sleep and dragging me to the top of the climb in a great position.

This is a team that came together over time. Coaslesed together through affinity, not from self interest. Love it.

2 comments:

Mike Hardy said...

There's a whole pipeline of newup-and-comers set up as well - Ian, and Maury and Stephen are lighting it up in the 4s now, and John is making the 3s look like they're not in the same race. Not to forget about 5 other guys in each category that are already doing alright and could light it up in just a few weeks if they wanted more and committed more.

I'm actually a bit worried about recruiting new 5s to backfill once Ian and Maury move up (gotta keep the pipeline going...) but as a team I think we're at least headed in the right direction.

How cool is it that the P/1/2 race had the most Team Oakland guys though? I would never have thought that in a million years.

Mike Hardy said...

I shouldn't forget Jesse Freese and Jim Rusk - lots of hammers and all of them are just about to break through, I think.