Monday, July 9, 2007


RR extrordinaire. OK, I'm not talking road racing here, I'm talking road RASH. Got it good. Tried to shake it off last Tuesday and Wednesday, but it hit me hard on Thursday, needing a visit to the doctor for antibiotics. Lesson learned: don't fall on the same spot three times in a row, lets the bugs in.


Feeling a lot better now. Hoping to be back racing and getting back into form this weekend. Was really painful to WATCH the Carrera de San Rafael as it looked like a great race and teammate Haydn was looking monstrous.


Every time I start to feel sorry for myself sidelined I remind myself of Chris C going over top of me at Vacaville who won't be able to race at all this year. Hope you're doing better Chris....

3 comments:

Mike Hardy said...

Hey, also in the silver lining category: you have good healthcare (or at a genomics company it'd be criminal not to) and you didn't get any of the current crop of super bugs. My dad got an elbow cut that swelled up to the size of a football and needed an IV antibiotic cocktail recently. Nasty stuff.

Glad to hear your on the mend. Does this mean I can look forward to seeing you recede in the distance at le POO tomorrow?

Chris Coble said...

Yo Joel-

8 screws, a metal plate and a 5 inch incision later. I hope to get on a trainer this week. Doc said no riding on the road for 12 weeks. Sucks. Get out the soon Joel. Maybe you should just go off the front for the safety of the peleton.

Coble

runjoelrun said...

Shit Chris, doesn't sound good. Sorry to hear it. I tried to get out for a race finally yesterday at Lafayette, but should have stayed home: felt terrible, hung off the back for the second half of the race.

Thanks for the vote of safety confidence though: I wasn't the bad one out there in the peloton yesterday, plenty of crashes (and another blown tire in turn 3). I was away from all of that thankfully.