Sunday, July 22, 2007

other items from the track...

For those of you have 'bumped into' Jeff Solt out on the Spectrum or Valley ride: The Malaysian national champ came withing .02 seconds of beating his flying 200 meter record 'from the last century' as Tom Simpson announced it. And that was just in qualifying. I'm hoping he beat it in the finals last night so I can bring it up on the next Valley ride. Solt is a cranky guy in a Maxim kit that people won't miss out there. I know that James likes him for one.

They had primes in the Cat 3 Points race! One that I won was a box full of chammy creme and 'Leg Salsa'. That latter for preparation for going clubbing perhaps?

3 comments:

Robin Horwitz said...

Cool stuff.

Jeff Solt - that's the one who holds the current record at 10.88. He probably had the best conditions when he broke the record.

Ng didn't have the best conditions all weekend. I really expect the 200m and Flying Lap record to be demolished next year when there are more sprinters flying out here.

runjoelrun said...

Thanks for the correction Robin. I've made the update to his name. Too bad Ng couldn't do it.

Hey, I see some results from AVC on CyclingNews.com, but what about Cat 3 results. I'm guessing that CyclingNews won't be posting those, will we see them on the Hellyer site at least?

Robin Horwitz said...

Yes, I'm hoping to get them from the referees shortly. I'll email them directly to you when I have them.

Something for us to improve on next year.