Monday, June 25, 2007

Game on...

Team was on task yesterday at Burlingame. Great day, Mike H brought out the TeamOakland tent, Justin brought out the game, Masters 4's brought the plan.

Congrats to Stephen and the Master's 4 team, they had control in the last five laps, not sure how the Pen Velo sprinter got ahead of Stephen. Will wait for the report.

Really fun, glad I showed up early to see the early race, OK... so I missed the 7:30 am 4's but that was a bridge too far. Saw the 1/2 win in the 3's, great tactics by John and Justin.

The Master's 35+ was fun, though I really need to learn to sit on or up in breaks that aren't going my way. P/1/2 was good, some crashes, but I learnt to surf a sprint finish pretty well in that field finally.

2 comments:

Mike Hardy said...

Yeah, because motoring the break away from such a wimpy (ha!) field and taking 6th in the M123 is pretty weak ;-)

And how could you not mention getting 11th, and being the 3rd cat 2 in the P12? Breakthrough rides, man, a little back-patting is in order sometimes I think

From my perspective, I wish I (being the Mike H mentioned) had personally brought more than the tent, since I was supposed to be the kilo-man in the leadout for Ian in the E4s. Sometimes you get the bull and sometimes the bull gets you...

runjoelrun said...

Will post more on the 35+ race, but it was an unsatisfying finish. I'm getting a lot smarter about breaks, but it didn't show here.

Much happier about the pro/1/2 finish actually.