Thursday, June 28, 2007

track

Went to the track last night, had a good time. Two mishaps, one just for me and the other for the regions best Master's road racer.

In the first race I didn't tighten my nuts down enough (take that as you will) and my chain slipped and I had to drop out and watch Dan Martin get his (first?) track win. He didn't look to be a master on the track as he is on the road. I mean, very strong, obviously, but didn't look like a natural trackie.

That leads to the next mishap. Cruising along in the Points race, now with a tight chain, I go uptrack after the straight, normal enough: but Martin behind me totally endos it into the in field where there is a big puddle from the new sprinklers. Ambulance came cause he seemed to be knocked out. All seemed to end well, but ouch....

That made it a little easier, guilty that I feel, to come in second in the omnium. Behind Mark Patten mind you... that doesn't work at all!

2 comments:

Mike Hardy said...

I love that Patten snaked you!
I'm surprised he's out there unless there are primes. There aren't primes at Hellyer are there?

runjoelrun said...

No primes, no cash. So why is Patten out there? I guess he just likes to snake people for the fun of it.

I would try to rest on the fact that I didn't get to finish the miss n' out, but he didn't get any points there anyway.

In the Scratch race, he used me up. He said he wanted to go on a break with me, but then he sat up. I was out-maneuvered at the finish and boxed in for no points.