Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Hanford fun

Brian couldn't resist the money and staggered into this race all bandaged up and hurting from earlier 35 race. That gave us Brian,Eric, Tim and me.

The race started fast with the Symetrics rider (Canadian national champ) pulling hard at the front. it didn't take long for him to get away with Hansen, ajm, and bjm. they disappeared all too quickly, withOzzie and Copeland covering all our attempts to chase or break.

Finally, with around 25 min to go I got away with Fraga, Hernendez,and Copeland, who was now willing to work since we weren't a threat to the guys up the road. We quickly got a big gap and we just rolled tilthe last lap.Justin clipped his pedal in the lst turn and I was on his wheel so hadto pull up. Copeland had attacked just before and got 5th, I couldn'tmake up any more spots and got 8th. the whole team was in the money tho, 20 deep. only 22 finishers!

1 comment:

beth bikes! said...

took mountain home yesterday-- success! no getting lost, and found some perfect side streets to do my hill sprints on. thanks for the directions.... back in january.... took me awhile to not take the flat way home from alameda!