Monday, April 28, 2008

Wente 35+ Crit

The crits were pretty fun yesterday... once they actually STARTED! There were two bad crashes in the W123 field and by the time the 35+ race started we were 1.5 hrs late.

It was pretty hot, and I took an earlier flyer with Chris from Lombardi which hurt a lot more than it should have. They cut the race short to 40 min and it wasn't even that I don't think, so not much of a chance for games.

Brian got away with two Specialized, Bubba?, and some others, but strangely Specialized were the ones trying to chase it down with a little bit of MS help. Tim bridged up to an intermediate group for a while, but that came back. I sat at second and third wheel feeling pretty decent. The Special guys started to get tired of pulling when big Ken Carpenter came up for the last big pull to finally catch the break with about a lap to go.

I was that Hernandez and Bubba still were off the front a bit. Innes was trying to get to them and I got on his wheel with a half lap to go (don't forget these are big laps). He sat up before he got there, and I burned a match to get there myself. Perhaps not the best move cause Bubba died after the last turn, and then Larry comes burning down the straight with some Special guys in tow. He also had Briggs and Brian though. Briggs attacked, but Brian was able to come around him for the win.

Good to get the win with the small team!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you need to blog the P12 and the RR as well!

Anonymous said...

Heck w/ that...I finally beat you in a race...for what 15th?!?
(*snork*).

From the TO side it was fun to finally have some teammates to work with. Gotta remember how that works.

...bout that beer...yeah you're tough to talk into one...two, not so hard...but just one. Well that's a tough'n.

-t

runjoelrun said...

Tom, I think you were sprinting for 25th or so and I was sitting up!

Patience Ryan, getting to more reports!

Anonymous said...

yeah...24th actaully...and I didn't get you at the line either. Fun race though...can't figure out why there were some many crashes in the other races.