Sunday, April 13, 2008

spirit of the Coyote

when I saw the coyote run across the road after a lap of the Madera RR on Sunday, I knew the break would stick. they let me roll off the front a mile in, I didn't take it anymore seriously than they did. I figured I could help Vinnie by making it interesting.

we started with four riders, then three. three laps in, and two to go, we only had thirty seconds. the third rider gave up and I told tim farlane (sic?) we should still keep it up. I could see the pack attacking each other and Vinnie and galvin (bmc) were able to bridge across. off we went with Vinnie and pulling really hard, tim pulling, and galvin... not pulling.

I used myself up to try and get Vinnie more time. managed to stay in front of pack and Vince got third, moving up two spots in gc to 4th, 9 seconds out of 3rd. Matthis and Hunt stayed 1-2, Willinger in 3rd.

good fun all around.

3 comments:

Vincenzo said...

good job today! Thanks for all the work. We wouldn't have stayed away without all your effort. Your an animal!

runjoelrun said...

Vinnie is like a feel-good break coach. Keeping everyone's spirits high and thanking for all the help while everyone is suffering helped a bunch.

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

awesome. just awesome. good job guys.