Monday, April 7, 2008

Most Endearing Race Award

This award goes to the Classic Santa Cruz Criterium. It's got it all:

-Santa Cruz style irregular course (industrial park this ain't)
-That little pothole after the hairpin that they never fix year after year
-Beautiful little descent
-First bump
-Second bump
-False flat that really hurts as everyone speeds up, better grab a wheel!

And hell: it's in Santa Cruz. Bunch of funny characters wandering around, the beach...

You can stay the night in the middle of the course in El View (Spanish for The View), roll out of bed watch some races out the back window, roll up to the Start.

Never been able to win a Tshirt in all these years of my favorite race. Now I have two!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh man... I love SC Crit - I'm soooo pissed I missed it.