Monday, August 13, 2007

Velo Promo buys a computer

They already have the TT times up! Wow...

Notice that Kevin Metcalfe turned around after the p1/2 TT and did it again in the 35+ 1/2/3! That's pretty cool. Didn't lose much time either the second time around.

I really liked the event actually, also liked that VP made a special effort to pay out 25% of reg fees into the prizes so that the winner of the 3's, Mike Holt, got $100.

I actually wish that there was another TT this season. I'll have to wait until the Knight's Ferry Duathlon to get the rig out for an official ride. I bought my TT rig for this event last year but didn't have time to get it assembled. Will hit the target this year, getting ready for some of those early season TTs in 2008.

2 comments:

Mike Hardy said...

I couldn't believe they had the times up either. I noted that a 4 beat the 3s and most of the P/1/2s (and not 3rd-Pillar-Mike either...). That's gotta be frustrating for everyone but him.

Dorky or not, but I'm about to get my TT rig set up as well. It will probably see first blood at the Treasure Island Triathlon.

Maybe post-season we should have some of the POO rides be TTT practice? With the obligatory talk-n-gawk about all the aero-geekery to trade setup tips etc. I'll probably bring it out there anyway.

Ever wondered if you could shut the whole pack down single-handedly while aero? Could be possible...

Mainly it could help point us firmly at Valley of the Sun or Madera or similar though. Apparently you're supposed to ride it at least once a weak to be all optimal and stuff...

Mike Hardy said...

Oh, and Hutch is apparently around 5.4W/Kg sustained, according to his blog.

I roll in right around (tappity tap tap)...4W/Kg.

That's a severe beating right there.