Thursday, August 16, 2007

Wed night racing

Last night was a lot of fun. Did my first and second Keirin, managed to win the Consolation round, which was somewhat of a... consolation, I guess.

A bee strung Reaney still was strong enough to make us look like weaklings in the points race. I was trying to race smart for once, and was being selfish. Sorry Steve...

Recovering (oh hell, he's done recovering now right?) Hernando was his dangerous self. Doug Hall, seems unhappy with his performance, but being a 5 in the A's seems to be doing pretty well to me.

A high point was in the Keirin, the Los Gatos rider (young guy, anyone give me his name?) was trying to make room for himself and Reaney head butted him about ten times in a row. LG didn't flinch, made for a lots of fun. They seemed to be laughing over it afterwards so all in good fun.

I managed to get more than one point last night, which was my total from last week. Turns out I got a point for 7th in the Miss n Out in 8/8, whereas I thought I hadn't regeistered at all. Starting to like the Miss n Out a lot more. Last night I realized it's better to ride on the front of the thing instead of getting taken out first lap riding in the back. Not the best way to win it, cause you're tired for the bell lap, but at least you can make the bell lap. Steve Pelaez came flying by for the win: man what a sprint that guy can put on. Guess that's why he won the National Qualifying sprint on the w/e.

Oh, and damn, how Julie G dominated the C's! Julie, maybe you should give the B's a try. Our own Karla (I call her our own cause she does our Tues night Port ride) was second, riding strong.

No comments: